The Trinidad Youth Council is a self sufficient youth led organization creating national positive change through providing opportunities for young people to attain their fullest potential.
TYC MISSION STATEMENT
We are a movement which: Advocates for sustainable youth development and socio-economic change through various mechanisms including but not exclusive to training and participation.”
- To facilitate and coordinate National Youth activities and initiatives.
- To mobilize and sensitise young people of Trinidad and Tobago on the issues impacting them.
- To ensure that Youth Rights are recognised and their responsibilities are fulfilled.
- To bring to the attention of Government and other interest groups, like National Government Organisations, Private Sector, Media and International Agencies, the issues affecting Youth and advise them of ways these can be addressed.
- To advocate for Youth participation at all levels of governance in Trinidad and Tobago.
- To act as an Autonomous Democratic Youth Non-Governmental Organisation representing young people, youth organisation and youth interests throughout Trinidad and Tobago.
- To work through and/or with Tobago stakeholders when addressing matters (also) affecting Tobago’s youth